1. What kind of fruit did Adam & Eve eat that they were commanded not to eat?The fruit of the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. —Genesis 2:17
2. Who made the first leather coats?God. —Genesis 3:21
3. How many children did Adam & Eve have?Unknown, but there is reason to believe they had many —perhaps hundreds.
4. Was Cain Adam & Eve’s first child?It‘s likely, but they may have had a daughter first. This would still be consistent with Eve’s statement: “I have gotten a manchild with the help of the LORD.” —Genesis 4:1
5. Was Abel Adam & Eve’s second son?Inconclusive. Many translations do not indicate this.
The mention of Cain & Abel is for the purpose of describing the first shedding of human blood, not a sequential documentation of all of Adam & Eve’s children.
6. Was Seth Adam & Eve’s third son?Certainly not.
The murder took place after Cain & Abel were both grown men. It would be ludicrous to believe Adam & Eve had no more children in that time. Besides that, God issued a warning to all others on the earth (in Genesis 4:15) concerning Cain which would also be ludicrous if the only other living humans were Adam & Eve. There were thousands of people by this time. Seth was the first son born after Abel’s death, which is why Eve said, “God has appointed me another offspring in place of Abel, for Cain killed him.” —Genesis 4:25
As evidence that these events did not take place in a matter of a few weeks, note that in the very next verse (Gen.4:26), Seth begets a son.
7. Who was first? Noah, Adam, Jesus, or Abraham?Jesus. —Colossians 1:17 and John 1:1-4,14
8. How many of each kind of animal did God have Noah put on the ark?Seven pair of the clean, one pair of the unclean. —Genesis 7:2
9. How old was Noah when the flood waters came upon the earth?600 years old. —Genesis 7:6
10. True or false: Noah and his family were in the ark 40 days and 40 nights.False. It rained 40 days and 40 nights. —Genesis 7:4, 12, 17
11. How long were Noah and his family in the ark?1 year, 1 month, and 27 days or 360 + 30 + 27 = 417 days —Genesis 8:13-14
12. Who was Israel?Jacob. —Genesis 32:28
13. What was significant about the birth of Jacob and Esau.Jacob came out holding the heel of Esau
25 The first to come out was red, and his whole body was like a hairy garment; so they named him Esau.
26 After this, his brother came out, with his hand grasping Esau’s heel; so he was named Jacob. Isaac was sixty years old when Rebekah gave birth to them. —Genesis 3:21
Exodus & the prophets
14. Where is Mt Sinai?
Paul describes Mt. Sinai as being in Arabia.
Galatians 4:25 “Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children.”
When Moses first left Egypt, he fled to Midian where he eventually encountered God on Mt. Sinai,
also called “Horeb, the mountain of God.”
Exodus 3:1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.
That’s where God tells Moses He wants him to free His people. God told Moses to bring the Israelites back to worship Him on this mountain.
Exodus 3:12 And God said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain.”
Amplified Bible: Exodus 3:12 “God said, I will surely be with you; and this shall be the sign to you that I have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain [Horeb, or Sinai].”
Acts 7:30, 38
30 “After forty years had passed, an angel appeared to Moses in the flames of a burning bush in the desert near Mount Sinai.
38 He was in the assembly in the desert, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers; and he received living words to pass on to us.
Comparing the Old Testament passages with the New Testament passages, we can see that Sinai and Horeb are the same mountain.
The Mt. Sinai of Moses could not possibly be in the “Sinai Peninsula” because Moses was tending the flock of Jethro in Midian when God spoke to him there (Mt. Sinai). We know where Midian is today. It's the same place as it was then: Western Arabia.
“The Traditional Mt. Sinai was proclaimed by the mother of Constantine. This traditional location in the Sinai Peninsula didn’t ‘come into being’ until almost 2,000 years after the Exodus: ‘The origin of the present Monastery of Saint Catherine on the NW slope of Jebel Musa is traced back to A.D. 527, when Emperor Justinian established it on the site where Helena, mother of Constantine the Great, had erected a small church two centuries earlier.’” (The Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible, 1962, p. 376.)Wyatt Archaeological Research
15. Where was Moses buried?Mt. Nebo —Deuteronomy 32:48-50
16. How many times did Joshua’s men march around the city of Jericho before the walls fell?Thirteen. —Joshua 6:3-5
17. Who got killed for insulting a prophet?Young lads —probably High School age boys. —2Kings 2:22-24
18. What test did God tell Gideon to use to select his army?How they drank water at the stream: Those who knelt down to drink were sent home. Only those who cupped the water in their hands and lapped like dogs were retained. —Judges 7:5-7
19. How many men did Gideon start with?32,000 men. —Judges 7:3
20. After God’s tests, how many remained?300 men. —Judges 7:7
21. What was Elijah’s last name/title?Tishbite. —2Kings 1:8
22. Measured in terms of how long it took to walk across it, how large was Nineveh in Jonah’s day?Three days walk. —Jonah 3:4
23. What did David have of Saul’s that made Saul declare that David was more righteous than he was?The edge of his robe. —1Samuel 24:11
24. What prophet spoke after he was dead?Samuel to Saul. —1Samuel 28:15
25. We all know Dr. Dolittle is a fantasy story, but did any animal ever speak?Yes, two that the Bible records.
Genesis 3:1 The serpent in the Garden.
Numbers 22:28-30 Balaam's ass.
Birth of Jesus
26. Was Jesus born on Christmas day?Probably not. Most likely it was near the end of September because the shepherds had their flocks in the fields.
—Luke 2:8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night.
27. True or False: Jesus was Born in a manger.False. He was laid in a manger—an animal feeding trough. We only even infer that he was born in a stable. —Luke 2:7 Some say he was born in a lower portion of a house in which vulnerable animals were often kept on cold nights. See Answers in Genesis: Born in a Barn?
28. When the heavenly host appeared to the shepherds, what did they sing?Nothing. They were "saying," not singing. —Luke 2:13
29. How many wise men were there?Unknown. The scripture simply says “magi from the east.” —Matthew 2:1
Tradition says there were three magi, probably because three gifts were given. However, I believe the gifts were gift types: “they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh” —Matthew 2:11 rather than just one item of gold, one item of frankincense, and one item of myrrh. I also believe there were many more than three magi—quite a caravan! The scripture says an angel appeared to them and instructed them to go home a different way so Herod wouldn't find out the information they had about the child.
Matthew 2:12 “And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.”
If there were only three, they could have easily passed through or around Jerusalem without being noticed.
30. Did the wise men follow the star from the east?No. They saw his star in the east, then saw it again after they left Herod's place. —Matthew 2:2-10 specifically verses 2, 7, & 9
31. Did the Magi arrive on the night Jesus was born?Let’s see. If we work backwards...
• Mary, Joseph, and the young child (Matthew 2:14) left for Egypt shortly after the Magi departed from them—probably that very night.
• They presented the child in Jerusalem at the temple some time before they departed. —Luke 2:22
This could not be done before her purification. (33 days purification after 8 days before circumcision) Then you have to take into account travel time.
• Mary was in seclusion through the 33 days of purification as required by the law. —Leviticus 12:4
• The child was circumcised on the eighth day. —Leviticus 12:3 This yielded a total of 41 days.
So the answer is: No. The Magi arrived a minimum of 42 days after the birth. Considering Herod’s response of killing all children two years and younger, and since he had been told when the Magi first saw the star (Matthew 2:7) the Magi could have arrived up to two years later.
32. Did the Magi find Jesus wrapped in swaddling clothes lying in a manger?No. —Matthew 2:11
33. Who found Jesus wrapped in swaddling clothes lying in a manger?Shepherds —Luke 2:15-16
34. Where did the Magi find the child?In a house. —Matthew 2:11
35. Was the house in Bethlehem?Undetermined. In Matthew 2:8-9 Herod told the magi to go to Bethlehem, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, but the star led them to where the child was. Scripture doesn't say it led them to Bethlehem. By the time the Magi arrived, they might not have been living in Bethlehem.
Life of Jesus
36. What was Jesus’ first miracle and where was it performed?Turning water into wine at Cana of Galilee. —John 2:1-11.
37. True or False: Jesus called his followers Christians.False. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch. —Acts 11:26c
38. True or False: The thief on the cross became a Christian before he died.False. They were first called Christians at Antioch. Also, Jesus had not yet died for anyone's sins. —Acts 11:26
39. True or False: The Bible says money is the root of evil.False. It is the love of money that is the root of evil. —1Timothy 6:10
40. True or False: The Bible tells us not to judge others.False.
Matthew 7:1-2 and Luke 6:38 say you will be judged the same way you judge.
In John 7:24 we are told to judge with a righteous judgement.
Matthew 7:6 says do not give holy things to the undeserving. How can we do this without judging?
Also see 1Corinthians 5:12 and 6:2-3.
41. Name the books of the Bible that tell of people becoming Christians?There is only one book that tells of people becoming Christians: The book of Acts.
42. True or False: The Bible says God is Omniscient and Omnipresent.False. It’s simply not in there.
43. Who is Lord of this world?Satan is Lord of this world. See John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11; Ephesians 2:2; and Luke 4:6.