1. What kind of fruit did Adam & Eve eat that they were commanded to not eat?The fruit of the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. —Genesis 2:17
2. Who made the first leather (animal skin) coats?God. —Genesis 3:21
3. How many children did Adam & Eve have?Unknown, but there is reason to believe they had many —perhaps hundreds.
4. Was Cain Adam & Eve’s first child?It‘s likely, but they may have had a daughter first. This would still be consistent with Eve’s statement: “I have gotten a manchild with the help of the LORD.” —Genesis 4:1
5. Was Abel Adam & Eve’s second son?Inconclusive. Many translations do not indicate this.
6. Was Seth Adam & Eve’s third son?Certainly not.
7. Who was first? Adam, Noah, Abraham, or Jesus?Jesus. —Colossians 1:17 and John 1:1-4,14
8. How many of each kind of animal did God have Noah put on the ark?I was always taught there were seven pair of the clean, one pair of the unclean. —Genesis 7:2
9. How old was Noah when the flood waters came upon the earth?600 years old. —Genesis 7:6
10. True or false: Noah and his family were in the ark 40 days and 40 nights.False. It rained 40 days and 40 nights. —Genesis 7:4, 12, 17
11. How long were Noah and his family in the ark?1 year, 1 month, and 27 days or 360 + 30 + 27 = 417 days —Genesis 8:13-14
12. Who was Israel?Jacob. —Genesis 32:28
13a. What was unusual about Esau when he was born?As a newborn infant, Esau's entire body was hairy.
13b. What was significant about the birth of Jacob and Esau?Jacob came out holding the heel of Esau
Exodus & the prophets
14. Where is Mt. Sinai?Paul describes Mt. Sinai as being in Arabia.
15. Where was Moses buried?Mt. Nebo —Deuteronomy 32:48-50
16. How many times did Joshua’s men march around the city of Jericho before the walls fell?Thirteen. —Joshua 6:3-5
17. Who got killed for insulting a prophet?Young lads —probably High School age boys. —2Kings 2:22-24
18. What test did God tell Gideon to use to select his army?How they drank water at the stream: Those who knelt down to drink were sent home. Only those who cupped the water in their hands and lapped like dogs were retained. —Judges 7:5-7
19. How many men did Gideon start with?32,000 men. —Judges 7:3
20. After God’s tests, how many remained?300 men. —Judges 7:7
21. What was Elijah’s last name/title?Tishbite. —2Kings 1:8
22. Measured in terms of how long it took to walk across it, how large was Nineveh in Jonah’s day?Three days walk. —Jonah 3:4
23. What did David have of Saul’s that made Saul declare that David was more righteous than he was?The edge of his robe. —1Samuel 24:11
24. What prophet spoke after he was dead?Samuel to Saul. —1Samuel 28:15
25. We all know Dr. Dolittle is a fantasy story, but did any animal ever speak?Yes, two that the Bible records.
Birth of Jesus
26. Was Jesus born on Christmas day?Almost certainly not. Most likely it was in September because the shepherds had their flocks in the fields, not in the meadows.
27. True or False: Jesus was Born in a manger.False. He was laid in a manger—an animal feeding trough. —Luke 2:7
28. When the heavenly host appeared to the shepherds, what did they sing?Nothing. They were "saying," not singing. —Luke 2:13
29. How many wise men were there?Unknown. The scripture simply says “magi from the east.” —Matthew 2:1
30. Did the wise men follow the star from the east?No. They saw his star in the east, then saw it again after they left Herod's place. —Matthew 2:2-10 specifically verses 2, 7, & 9. The star “went on before them until it came and stood over the place where the Child was.”
31. Did the Magi arrive on the night Jesus was born?Let’s see. If we work backwards...
32. Did the Magi find Jesus wrapped in swaddling clothes lying in a manger?No. —Matthew 2:11
33. Who found Jesus wrapped in swaddling clothes lying in a manger?Shepherds —Luke 2:15-16
34. Where did the Magi find the child?In a house. —Matthew 2:11
35. Did the Magi find the child in Bethlehem?Undetermined. In Matthew 2:8-9 Herod told the magi to go to Bethlehem, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, but the star led them to where the child was. Scripture doesn’t say it led them to Bethlehem. By the time the Magi arrived, they might not have been living in Bethlehem.
Life of Jesus
36. What was Jesus’ first public miracle and where was it performed?Turning water into wine at Cana of Galilee. —John 2:1-11.
37. True or False: Jesus called his followers Christians.False. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch. —Acts 11:26c
38. True or False: The thief on the cross became a Christian before he died.False. They were first called Christians at Antioch. —Acts 11:26
39. True or False: The Bible says money is the root of evil.False. It says the love of money is the root of evil. —1Timothy 6:10
40. True or False: The Bible tells us not to judge others.False.
41. Name the books of the Bible that tell of people becoming Christians?There is only one book that tells of people becoming Christians: The book of Acts.
42. True or False: The Bible says God is Omniscient and Omnipresent.False. It’s simply not in there.
43. Who is Lord of this world?Satan is Lord of this world. See John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11; Luke 4:6; 2 Corinthians 4:4; and Ephesians 2:2